This limited transferable guarantee (the “Guarantee”) covers any defects in workmanship or materials in our Series 700 windows and patio doors as provided below.
What Does this Guarantee Cover?
- All vinyl extrusions are warranted against chipping, cracking, peeling, blistering, warping, or sagging.
- All balancers, rollers, locks, keepers, and hardware are warranted to operate properly and serve the design function.
- All glass units are warranted against seal failure which results in dust, film, or condensation forming between the panes of glass.
- Screen frames are covered for the full term of this warranty. Screen fabric, including accidental tears, are covered for the full term of this Guarantee with rescreening supplied free of charge at our factory.
- Color coated exteriors are warranted to perform under normal weathering conditions for a period of ten (10) years and will not crack, pit, peel, blister or suffer non-uniform fading discoloration, unless such discoloration results from unequal exposure of surfaces to the sun and elements. Natural fading of painted, stained, laminated or exterior trim finishes (trim coil) are expressly excluded.
Who is Covered?
This Guarantee covers the owner of the premises in which our Series 700 windows and patio doors are installed.
How Long Does the Coverage Last?
If the product is installed in a single-family residence that you own or occupy at the time of initial installation, this Guarantee remains in force for as long as you own and occupy such residence. If the product is installed in a building other than an owner-occupied single-family residence, the Guarantee is non transferable and will remain in force for ten (10) years from the date the product was originally installed in the premises. Proof of purchase is required to obtain warranty coverage.
What Does this Guarantee Not Cover?
- This Guarantee does not cover damage resulting from fire, misuse, abuse, neglect, accident, acts of nature, or normal wear and tear (including natural weathering or fading of surfaces and/or hardware finishes).
- If you change or alter any item covered by this Guarantee, including, without limitation, by application of harmful solvents to the product, then this Guarantee will no longer apply to such item.
- Caulking/silicone is required in most installations. Caulking is considered ordinary maintenance is therefore not covered by this Guarantee.
- This Guarantee does not cover condensation, as condensation is the natural result of moisture in the house and changes in temperature and humidity and does not indicate a defective window or door.
Third Party Items
The warranties of all items supplied and installed by WeatherGard, but manufactured by others, are limited to the manufacturer-supplied warranty. This includes, but is not limited to, entry doors, storm doors, garden windows, and bay and bow window shells. WeatherGard will help process and facilitate the warranty claim process on your behalf.
Glass units with internal or enclosed blinds inside the glass are warranted for ten (10) years by the original manufacturer. A copy of the warranty may be found on our web site at weathergard.com/warranty-and-service/blinds.
How Do You Get Service?
You may request service under this Guarantee by calling WeatherGard at 248-967-8822 or by emailing email@example.com.
What Will WeatherGard Do to Correct the Problem?
If your Series 700 windows are defective during the term of this Guarantee, then WeatherGard will provide, free of charge, all labor and materials required to repair or replace the defective items. WeatherGard has complete discretion to decide whether to repair or replace such defective items. Due to changes in technology, replacement materials may not be identical to the materials that were originally installed, but they will be of similar or higher quality. If the paint on any of your windows or patio doors is defective during the ten (10) year coverage term, then WeatherGard agrees, at its option, and at WeatherGard’s expense, to either the application of touch-up paint or the complete exterior surface recoating of such defective paint coating. Colors may vary slightly.
How Do I Transfer this Guarantee?
This Guarantee is transferable (for owner-occupied single-family residences only) one time only by the original purchaser to the successor owner of the property, provided WeatherGard receives written notice of the transfer of title to the property within 30 days after the date of transfer of ownership. Upon transfer to the successor owner, this Guarantee shall expire after a period of thirty-five (35) years from the original date of installation.
Exclusive Remedy, Implied Guarantees, and Other Important Legal Information.
Your sole and exclusive remedy for any defect is the repair or replacement of the defective item, as provided in this Guarantee. This exclusive remedy shall not be deemed to have failed its essential purpose so long as WeatherGard is willing and able to repair and replace the defective labor and/or materials. WeatherGard’s liability under this Guarantee is limited to the cost of the items purchased. Under no circumstances shall WeatherGard be liable to you or any other person for incidental or consequential damages of any nature, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury or property damage. This Guarantee has been prepared in accordance and shall be governed by Michigan law. WeatherGard’s employees and representatives cannot change this Guarantee in any way or give any other guarantee or warranty. Any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are limited to the duration of this Guarantee. WeatherGard makes no other guarantees or warranties express or implied. Warranty coverage begins with project completion and final payment.